Analytics

Friday, December 16, 2016

WEEK 12 A: Analyzing Online Marketing

Facebook Ads

As far as ads that pop up on my Facebook home screen on my personal account I see the Ad that I have for Weddings all the time. I don’t click on it or like it because we pay for that, so there’s no reason for me to like it. Ads that I see usually have to do with fitness and fitness clothing. These call to actions are to purchase goods at a discounted rate. I look at the reviews that others have left before I click on the ads because I don’t want to continue to see them. I only follow the ad if it’s something I’m truly interested in. I’m more likely to click on a Facebook ad than I am with an Instagram ad.

With traditional advertising I feel like you don't really have a choice on whether or not you are going to see it, it's just stuck on your screen for a few days until the algorithm takes the hint that you are not interested. With facebook it stays in front of you until their campaign is over but they give you just enough information that you have to click on the add to find out more. I think facebook is slightly more effective for me. 

Businesses similar to mine.. 

I viewed the Grand Traditions Estate and their Instagram has a lot of really pretty wedding photos of both the venue and wedding party. Their pictures are top notch, but they are also a higher price point than we are so I assume their couples can afford better photos. 

The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe has really elaborate weddings but their weddings were not highlighted at all on Facebook or Instagram.The ad that they were currently running is for a christmas dinner the call to action button is "Interested". I found that to be interesting, they do more posts about what is happening around their property and spa specials. May be they don’t need to advertise as much on social media platforms and focus more on wedding sites so they can market to a higher price point. But if I was a bride looking for a place The Inn would not jump out at me. The photo’s they have on their actual website are quite stunning though.

San Diego Ranch Wedding- The Bradford Ranch has a pretty good face book it starts with photos, reviews, videos, events and posts. The posts are all neat and not too cluttered. They do a nice job of posting every two weeks or more frequent. Only downfall is that they do not have much traction on their comments. Their call to action button was "Learn More".

The Park Hyatt Aviara on Twitter does not have a wedding call to action. The hotel itself has an overall call to action that is “Join us for…”. I would say this is a photographic advertisement site but they do a decent job of keeping up with twitter and having really nice photos, which they should because they are a chain. I don’t think their twitter account is terribly effective. But it’s pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment