Analytics

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Week 15 B: Wrapping Things Up & Looking Ahead

Change is Inevitable 

This class has significantly changed my outlook on social media both for my personal and business use. I can no longer look at my own personal posts without wondering "how many people saw this"? "why didn't more people comment on it"? It's also incredibly frustrating when I post something to the weddings Facebook and no one says anything, and I'm sitting there like "Hey! I put a lot of work into that, somebody like me!"

I think what's really difficult is finding the right "voice" to write in. As a company we don't really have a formal voice to follow so I'm trying to play around with finding one.  But finding one that really sticks out to brides to be is hard. I used to think figuring out what to say would be easy, I was wrong.


There has been significant growth on our social media likes and followers. On August 1st the weddings Facebook had 714 followers. As of today we have 960, that averages out to approximately 2-3 new likes a day. I'm pretty happy with that considering it's my first time working with business social media. As far as wedding bookings because of Facebook and Instagram go we won't know the results until people start booking and we find out how they found us about us. It was really cool though when my marketing director was talking to the company that runs our SEO and they said who ever is running the weddings social and website is doing a really good job, keep it up!

Facebook and Instagram Insights are really good for a basic idea of what is going on but I really like using google analytics and being able see how many times people click on our actual website and seeing where they came from. Pinterest Insights are a bit harder to understand, i feel like they are more-so all over the place.

Overall we have gained more likes and followers. I've been able to take what I have learned in this class and apply it to WeddingWire and TheKnot. This has lead to increased traffic to our cyber storefront. I have seen more leads come through on Google than I had when I first started.


No comments:

Post a Comment